I have a question for you… On a scale of 1-10, how crazy is your house right now? I will give you 10 bonus points on that scale if you have school age kids at home. I hear ya friends.
I know that working from home can be super liberating yet at the same time super uncomfortable with a side helping of fits of laughter, Am I right?
Man COVID-19?!?! We were starting a brand new decade and then wham right in the gut.
I know working from home can be a major adjustment in any season, but since so many of us have transitioned home in this season I had to talk about it! I’ve been working from home for 10 years, and promise you it’s possible to work from home, be productive, AND not go crazy. It’s just going to take some time, intention, and lots of boundaries! Today’s episode is all about my best tips for working from home (without going crazy).
8 Ways to Create Structure
- Leave your bedroom— let it remain a sanctuary free from work.
- Get dressed— even if absolutely nobody is going to see you.
- Set up an office space— setting is everything.
- Block schedule— it’ll keep you focused.
- Make a list each morning and prioritize a daily top 3.
- Schedule breaks and commit to that boundary.
- When you’re done, put it away. Structure creates freedom.
- Keep and protect normal business hours— I dare you to give yourself 12 hours away from email.
Connecting is EVERYTHING During the Day!
- If you normally work in an office, do a virtual check in with your team in the morning to keep the natural rhythm.
- If you’re an entrepreneur, reach out to fellow entrepreneurs for advice.
Free Resources to stay Connected to your Team:
Productivity Best Practices
- Phone hacks: put it on do not disturb, turn off iMessage, download the app Freedom for social media, or even delete the social media apps off your phone!
- Check your email four times a day and block it in your schedule.
No matter what…. the bottom line is to have grace with yourself. You may not get as much done, and guess what? that’s okay.
Stay Safe Friends!